What are these Divisions all about?
Updated Wednesday March 30, 2016 by Bret Welty.
This is the number 1 question I have been asked since we set the new website up. The league is organized into two levels. Cal Ripken is for 8-12 years of age. Babe Ruth is for 13-15 years of age. Within each of these, we have differing levels based on player age/skill.
- Cal Ripken Minors: Ages 8-9 [This division is primarily intended for first year players]
- Cal Ripken A: Ages 9-11 [This division is primarily intended for second year players]
- Cal Ripken AA: Ages 9-12 [This division is for third year players and beyond]
- Cal Ripken AAA: Ages 10-12 [This division is for the most advanced players at the Cal Ripken level]
- Babe Ruth Junior Varsity: Ages 13-14 [This division is primarily intended for 13 year olds playing on big fields for the first time]
- Babe Ruth Varsity: Ages 13-15 [This division is for the most advanced players at the Babe Ruth Level]